International leaders in diesel particulate filter refurbishment
Legal requirements and the MoT test February 2014
From February 2014, the inspection of the exhaust system carried out during the MoT test will include a check for the presence of a DPF. A missing DPF, where one was fitted when the vehicle was built, will result in an MoT failure.
EAC Telford Introduction
- International leaders in diesel particulate filter refurbishing services
- Cleaned more than 100,000 DPFs in the last 10 years
- Approved by Manufacturer’s
- EAC Telford has been supporting DPF service exchange programs for many years
- Patented cleaning process – very effective for removing both SOOT & ASH in one process
Benefits from using the EAC Telford
- Cheaper alternative to purchasing an OEM DPF or even some aftermarket options? Also fills the gaps where only an OEM DPF is available?
- More effective than any other cleaning method
- Improved fuel consumption arising from a cleaner filter
- Chemical free process
- A filter condition report with every refurbishment showing airflow performance and weight removed
- A 6 months or 5000 mile no quibble warranty is offered (does not include labour) Chemical cleaners
- Most if not all chemical cleaners, only remove soot and are designed to induce a regeneration of the DPF to take place at a lower temperature. ASH cannot be burnt off and needs to be physically removed from the DPF.
Vehicle DPF regenerations
- A DPF vehicle regeneration will only remove soot, ASH has to be physically removed hence the reason for cleaning.
- In some cases, the DPF light may go out after regeneration but come back on after a few miles, this is most likely because there is a build of ash and the regeneration is only removing the soot.