This warranty provided by the EAC Telford does not adversely affect the statutory rights of the purchaser against the seller and gives remedies in addition to those against the seller under the contract of sale. Claims by the purchaser, in particular for a defect on a vehicle.
EAC Telford LTD (hereinafter called “EAC Telford start date 01/06/2021 ”) and its successors in title, warrants for vehicles of their manufacture:
- 12 months, without limitation of mileage, from the date the vehicle is delivered to the original purchaser by the authorised distributor, as stated in the warranty booklet terms.
- Whichever comes first for the lifetime of the vehicle to the registered owner of the vehicle has been driven 100,000 miles, under the terms and conditions stated below.
- The vehicle must have a minimum of a Full Service per annum at EAC Telford LTD.
- All derivatives of Commercial vehicles vans & company cars are not eligible for Lifetime Warranty.
1 Lifetime Warranty starts after the first service has been carried out and EAC Telford will warranty any parts fitted for the life of the vehicle up to 100.000 miles unless the vehicle is sold to a third party the warranty will not be transferred.
1.1. Duration of the warranty, dependence on the owner
EAC undertakes that each motor vehicle that EAC Telford have supplied parts to with a lifetime warranty must return to EAC Telford for a free EVHC check and must be free from defect in material or workmanship according to the state of the art under normal use and service for an unlimited time period and a maximum of 100,000 miles. The warranty is valid for the registered owner of the vehicle who bought the vehicle parts from EAC Telford.
The warranty starts with the date of repaired by the EAC Telford LTD.
1.2. Coverage of the Lifetime Warranty
The warranty applies to free of charge repair of the vehicle by an Authorised Repairer, i.e. EAC Telford Ltd obligations under this warranty being limited to repairing or replacing at its option any parts by a EAC Telford LTD . The repair or replacement of defective parts under this undertaking will be made by the Authorised Repairer to whom the vehicle is returned, free of charge to the customer.
For the parts fitted during a repair, until expiry of the warranty mileage limitation according to Paragraph 1, the same warranty is given as for the motor vehicle, i.e. the warranty is not extended by the repair or replacement of parts even for the parts rectified or replaced. Replaced parts become the property of EAC Telford LTD.
Lifetime Warranty cover is dependent upon confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended servicing schedules using OEM parts or parts of equal quality, including oils, and that the annual reactivation checks* have been carried out.
EAC Telford LTD reserves the right to appoint its own engineer to inspect the vehicle prior to any repair or replacement of part(s) covered.
EAC Telford Ltd at its discretion may elect to agree with the owner a value for the vehicle in case the parts and labour cost of the repair exceeds the economic value of the vehicle, or in case the parts are no longer available.
Covered components of the Lifetime warranty
The Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the following components of the vehicle that are fitted by EAC Telford Ltd:
- Engine ,transmission, Clutch and electronic parts of the powertrain such as ECU.
- Powertrain: drive shafts, differential gears, electronic parts of the powertrain.
- Steering: steering gear, pump, electronic parts of the steering system.
- Brake system: ABS/ESP system including hydraulic unit, brake booster, main and wheel brake cylinders, vacuum pump, brake proportioning valve.
- Fuel system: fuel pump, injection pump, electronic parts of the fuel injection systems.
- Exhaust system: turbo charger including actuator, electronic parts of the exhaust system, Lambda Sensors.
- Cooling system: radiator, heater core, thermostat, water pump, radiator for the automatic transmission, cooling fan.
- Safety systems: electronic control unit for airbags and for seat-belt tensioners.
- Air-conditioning: compressor, evaporator, condenser, fan.
- Electrical equipment: electronic control units excluding navigation, lighting and radar system, but including repair by flashing new software, generator, starter, electronic parts of the ignition system, ignition wiring, central electric units, instrument cluster unit, board computer, wiper motors, heating ventilator, horn, electronic parts of the window lifters, front/ rear window heaters (excluding breakage), electronic parts of the sunroof, the central door locking and the convertible roof.
Wiring harnesses repairs , hoses and connectors are excluded.
Furthermore, not covered are all service maintenance repairs and wear and tear parts. Excluded is the replacement of components that have failed due to wear and tear.
The warranty does not extend to the fixing of consequential damage caused by the covered components mentioned above.
1.3. Customer duties to retain warranty
The Lifetime Warranty is dependent on an annual visit of the vehicle to EAC Telford Ltd who will activate and validate the warranty extension for another year starting from the 12 month period from registration or anniversary of registration. Activation and validation of the warranty is required every 12 months*. This can only be carried out by EAC Telford Ltd . The activation and validation can be performed up to 14 days after the expiry date.
Annual activation and validation of the Lifetime Warranty cover is also dependent upon the confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended servicing schedules using genuine Or OEM parts or parts of equal quality including oils. EAC Telford Ltd may request details of this service history at any time during the warranty period.
Lifetime Warranty has been offered by EAC Telford Ltd only and all vehicles must be returned to EAC Telford Ltd or be repaired within a network of our choice at the time of break down.
The terms shown apply only in respect of those vehicles to which the Lifetime Warranty was provided at the time – and those terms and conditions continue to apply.
It is however still necessary for the vehicle servicing to be routinely undertaken in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and in line with the specified servicing schedules.
Exclusions to the policy
- Tyres are excluded from the policy but Point S tyres are covered.
- Wear and tear items and under the manufacturer’s recommended servicing schedules repairs
- Parts not covered by malicious damage or damage caused by other parts.
- this does not affect the statutory rights